Commonwealth Games Aquatic Centre
State of the Art Competitive Pool
|10 Lane 50m Olympic Standard Competition Pool
33m Diving Pool with 1m, 3m, 5m, 7.5m and 10m Diving Platforms
8 Lane 25m Training Pool
15m Indoor Learn to Swim Pool
Freeform Splash Pool with Water Play Features
The completion of the Commonwealth Games aquatic centre in June 2014 has provided the Gold Coast with a world-class swimming and diving facility. The centre was completed ahead of schedule in time to run the 2014 PanPacs
The complex comprises 6 pools: 3 new pools and 3 refurbished pools requiring 4,621m2 of tiling (250,000 tiles) and approximately 9 million litres of water to fill.
- Construction of Pool Shell
- Water testing to AS 3735
- Preparation of shell for waterproofing membrane.
- Application of Waterproofing membrane to Pool Shell.
- Fully tiled interior to approved tiles.
- Supply & Install Wet Deck Grating
- Compliance To Fina Length
- Stainless steel ladders and handrail as nominated on drawings.
- Compliance & Certification to AS3000
- Supply & installation Sunbather Pool Blanket
- Supply & Install of All Pool Lane Ropes
- Supply & Install Pool Starting Blocks
- Supply & Install All other Pool Furniture
- Manufacture & Install Depth Markers to RLSS Guidelines
- Pool base is below sea level
- Whole site is on sand
- Time frame for games trials
- Expectations of the client for international use