Ballina Memorial Swimming Pool
Pool and Waterslides
|Size||8 Lane, 50m Lap Pool
25 x 15m Pool
From toddlers to competitive swimmers, there is something for everyone at the new Ballina Memorial Swimming Pool
As the existing pools, equipment and associated amenities were approaching the end of their useful life, Ballina Shire Council decided to upgrade both Ballina and Alstonville pools at the same time. This was in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs of building consecutively.
Completed in 2018, the Ballina Memorial Swimming Pool consists of a 50m lap pool for competition swimming, 25m enclosable pool, wet play splash areas for children and two waterslides.
- Construction of Pool Shell
- Water testing to AS 3735
- Preparation of shell for waterproofing membrane.
- Application of Waterproofing membrane to Pool Shell.
- Fully tiled interior to approved tiles.
- Supply & Install Wet Deck Grating
- Compliance To Fina Length
- Stainless steel ladders and handrail as nominated on drawings.
- Compliance & Certification to AS3000
- Supply & installation Sunbather Pool Blanket
- Supply & Install of All Pool Lane Ropes
- Supply & Install Pool Starting Blocks
- Supply & Install All other Pool Furniture
- Manufacture & Install Depth Markers to RLSS Guidelines
- Pool site was reclaimed from the river – Unstable site
- Flooding issues during heavy rainfall
- Retain existing slide tower and upgrade filtration