Broken Hill Aquatic Centre
Community Aquatic Centre
MBA award winner
|Size||50 x 20m Pool
10 x 6m Slide
|Lining||Fully tiled using european Din standard tiles|
Crystal Pools was appointed main contractor for this Aquatic Centre and took on full management of every aspect of the project. In addition to the swimming pools Crystal Pools also arranged and built everything, including construction of the buildings.
Residents now enjoy a state-of-the-art leisure centre. The slide, provides patrons with a thrilling 70 metre ride dropping from an 8 metre platform. The centre has had a transforming effect on the community at Broken Hill. It’s an asset for the community to enjoy for decades to come.
- Construction of Pool Shell
- Water testing to AS 3735
- Preparation of shell for waterproofing membrane.
- Application of Waterproofing membrane to Pool Shell.
- Fully tiled interior to approved tiles.
- Supply & Install Wet Deck Grating
- Compliance To Fina Length
- Stainless steel ladders and handrail as nominated on drawings.
- Compliance & Certification to AS3000
- Supply & installation Sunbather Pool Blanket
- Supply & Install of All Pool Lane Ropes
- Supply & Install Pool Starting Blocks
- Supply & Install All other Pool Furniture
- Manufacture & Install Depth Markers to RLSS Guidelines
- Remoteness of Broken Hill
- Transportation and logistics of transporting all materials and staff
- High Summer temperatures and low winter temps.
- Highly reactive clay soils