Building a swimming pool in your backyard is a tough task but maintaining it is even tougher as it is a nerve-racking task which involves a lot many difficult tasks which can cost you a ton of money. So it is important for you to understand your swimming pool maintenance routine to keep your pool neat, clean and safe for all to enjoy.
In this article, we’ll highlight some important tips that can help you in maintaining your pool in a better way. Effective pool maintenance not only requires spending a good amount of money, but also engages proper pool maintenance strategies and methodologies for keeping your pool in good shape.
Swimming pool maintenance tips
Following are some tips which would definitely help you with your swimming pool maintenance:
- Proper water balance – water level is the key component of your pool and it should be checked and refilled regularly. The PH level and the chlorine amount of the water should be maintained properly. The PH should be between 7.2-7.6 PPM and the chlorine level must be maintained at 0.5-3 PPM in order to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria inside the pool. And the total alkalinity of the pool should be maintained at 80-110 PPM. Excess growth of algae and bacteria inside the pool can result in many diseases and other problems. So in order to get rid of all these problems, it’s better to keep an eye on the PH, chlorine level and alkalinity of your pool water as they all play a vital role in the maintenance of your pool.
- Proper covering of your pool – you must ensure that your pool is covered properly when it’s not being used to keep your pool safe and dirt-free. One of the best options for covering your pool is by using a solar cover. They are inexpensive and can heat up your pool in summers, also helping in trapping the heat at night.
- Equipments need to be changed as well – maintenance is not only about keeping your pool and water clean and dirt free, but it’s also about changing the pool equipments on a regular basis.
- Keeping a professional to look after your pool – you can also hire a professional to look after and guard your pool as this will save both your time and effort.
- Building a fence around your pool – this will help in preventing your kids to access the pool. You can also put a lock on the fence to sustain peace and satisfaction of your mind. This will definitely help in decreasing the number of pool accidents for sure.
- Keep an eye on your children – don’t ever let your kids go alone inside the pool for swimming. You should look after them or even you can hire a child-minder to look after your kids on your behalf.
By following these tips, you can maintain your pool in a better way and can ensure safety of both your family and children. No doubt these tips will help you ensure safety but it will ask for your attention at first. For avoiding any further tensions, it’s best that you hire an expert for maintaining your valuable pool. This is where ‘Crystal Pools’ with a rock-solid reputation steps up to provide excellence in designing and maintaining swimming pools around Australia. Know more @ https://crystalpools.com.au/