Nestled between the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Luna Park, the world’s most beautiful and iconic public pool is set to become Sydney’s best aquatic centre.
Icon SI, one of Australia’s largest construction companies, chose Crystal Pools to build the new swimming pools, with construction commencing in 2021. Now this state-of-the-art fitness and leisure centre is on track to significantly improve and expand the aquatic and recreational facilities at the iconic North Sydney site (Milson’s Point).
Crystal’s work includes:
- A 50m outdoor pool that will have 8 x 2.5m lanes (the same as the current pool) plus a side ramp for accessible entry which will replace the current hoist system.
- The main pool will have adjustable barriers which will allow flexible uses of the pool. The water will be a mix of potable fresh water and 25-50% harbour seawater.
- Exciting kids waterplay area with a splash pad and water spray feature. The children’s pool and water play area will include a shallow splash area (up to 0.3m deep) for toddlers as well as a deeper pool ranging from 0.7m to 0.9m that will be suitable for children up to 12 years of age.
- The new warm water pool will be suitable for learn to swim and gentle exercise for older people or people recovering from injury.
- The spa, located near the indoor pools, will be 1.1m deep, with a separate operating system and a maximum water temperature of 36°C